Report Launch: Local authorities as connectivity enablers – 18/07/23Alex Mather
Following our successful report looking at diversity in the telecoms workforce, we are delighted to be launching the next in our annual body of work. This time we will be focusing on Local Authorities and their roles as enablers of digital connectivity.
The report will explore the challenges remaining at local authority level to the deployment of digital infrastructure, as well as the role that authorities can play in championing the uptake of advanced connectivity in their communities.
The event will feature a presentation from principal consultant, Steve Smith from Farrpoint (the DCF’s partner for this piece of research), alongside a panel featuring a range of expert speakers from industry, government and others where the report’s findings will be discussed in detail.
After the launch there will be a networking drinks reception.
We look forward to seeing you there!
15:30: Welcome – Stephanie Liston (DCF Chair) and Alex Mather (DCF Head)
15:35: Presentation of report and Q&A – Steve Smith (Principal Consultant, FarrPoint)
15:55: Panel and Q&A
- Stephanie Liston (Chair) – Chair, Digital Connectivity Forum
- Jesam Eyong – Head of Public Sector Engagement, Barrier Busting Taskforce, DSIT
- Steve Smith – Principal Consultant, FarrPoint
- Councillor Mark Hawthorne MBE – Leader of Gloucestershire County Council & LGA Digital Connectivity Spokesperson
- Jo Swarbrick – Head of Public Affairs, CityFibre
- Belinda Fawcett – Director of Property and Estates and General Counsel, Cornerstone
16:40: Concluding remarks (DCF Chair)
16:45 onwards: Drinks reception