Job Vacancy at BSG: Policy ManagerMatthew Evans
The Broadband Stakeholder Group is currently recruiting for a Policy Manager.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the development and delivery of the BSG’s work programme. This currently focuses on the strategic direction of the industry, reducing barriers to deployment in both fixed and mobile networks, the impact of Brexit on the Telecoms sector, issues around quality of experience, Open Internet and other self-regulatory opportunities.
- Assist the CEO in delivering the BSG work programme; this will involve preparing and writing BSG reports, articles and letters on broadband policy
- Engage with BSG stakeholders, including DCMS, Ofcom, sponsors and wider industry on the development of policy positions and the ongoing development of the BSG work programme
- Monitor ongoing developments in the UK and EU broadband market, policy and regulatory debate, including the analysis of new data regarding broadband network deployment
- Assist with the execution of the BSG contact programme including arranging and scheduling meetings and events, supporting press relations and public affairs activity, web and social media communications and organising dinners and conferences
- Represent the BSG in external fora, stakeholder meetings and public events
- Any other duties that might from time to time be required by BSG and techUK
- Able to work with a large and diverse selection of external stakeholders
- Able to analyse complex issues and work across the full range of broadband policy issues
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and effectively to a broad audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- An enthusiastic team player who is keen and able to take the initiative
- An analytical and inquiring mind
- Excellent organisational skills
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of the UK and European political systems and policy formulation processes
- Experience of building networks through personal relationships
- Experience of managing or supporting multiple projects
- Experience of working with the media
- Ability to use the tools and technologies techUK provides; including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Saleslogix, mobile and home working software as appropriate, and web tools (training will be provided).
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of event organisation
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of the technology, media and telecommunications sectors is strongly desirable but not essential.
This is a full time role based at techUK’s London offices.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]